It’s Wedding Season in Kansas City! Our favorite facial for brides, grooms and wedding guests is the Fire and Ice Facial by IS Clinical. The facial immediately brightens and clears the skin with no downtime. We recommend it 2-7 days before any event.
1. What is the Fire and Ice Facial?
The Fire and Ice Facial is a light chemical peel that gives an immediate glow with no downtime. The magic is in the masks. The first mask, the “fire,” resurfaces the skin and increases blood circulation. It contains Sugar Cane Extract (Glycolic Acid), Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Maleic Acid, Vitamin B3, Retinol, and potent Antioxidants (including Green Tea Extract). The second mask, the “ice,” is calming, cooling and ultra-hydrating, leaving the skin rejuvenated and dewey. It contains Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Aloe Vera, Japanese Green Tea Extract, Licorice Extract, Grape Seed Extract, and Rosemary Extract. The combination of the 2 masks gives a radiant glow with long-lasting effects. The facial is proven to clear blemishes, repair skin texture and reduce hyperpigmentation.
2. What Happens During the Fire and Ice Facial?
- The IS Clinical Fire and Ice Facial takes about an hour. The treatment begins with double cleansing the skin with IS Clinical’s Gentle Cleansing Complex. This cleans and preps the skin. The cleanser is applied with a circular massaging motion, which helps increase blood flow and drains toxin build up in the lymph nodes.
- Once the skin is clean, the Intensive Resurfacing Masque is applied. This mask is the “Fire” and will feel warm and tingly. It’s kept on the skin for 3-5 minutes as tolerated. The Cleansing Complex is then reapplied and cleared with a cool, damp towel to neutralize the intense resurfacing mask. The fire mask loosens the pores, and extractions are performed to rid the surface of whiteheads, blackheads, and other impurities.
- At this point, patients have the option to add dermaplaning to their treatment. Using a smooth blade, dermaplaning gently removes the top dead skin layer and peach fuzz. We recommend adding this step to your facial for a more effective treatment and enhanced results.
- The Rejuvenating Masque, the “Ice,” is then applied to replenish and lock in moisture. At this point, cooling globes are used to massage the hydrating mask thus further enhancing the ice sensation. The skin is completely cleared of the Rejuvenating Masque with a warm damp towel.
- IS Clinical Youth Eye Complex is applied around the eyes for a bright and fresh look followed by 3-5 drops of IS Clinical Pro-Heal Serum Advance to aid in fast recovery. The IS Clinical Hydra-Cool Serum is applied next as it helps repair and rehydrate the skin, and finally the facial is finished with IS Clinical Eclipse SPF 50+ for protection from harmful UV rays.
How long will the effect of the treatment last?
The immediate glow is most apparent for 1 week after treatment, however the results last 3-4 weeks. For optimal results, we recommend a minimum of 4 Fire and Ice Facials per year.
Who can have the IS Clinical Fire and Ice treatment? Is it safe?
All IS Clinical products are formulated with natural, botanically-based ingredients, which makes their products and treatments suitable for all ages, skin types, and even pregnant and breast-feeding women!
Call/text 816-795-5262 to speak with our front desk for more information and to schedule your treatment!